Friday, June 17, 2011

THE ART OF TOY STORY 3

Today I received a copy of the gorgeous book 'The Art of Toy Story 3' ! About time !



If you haven't got one, you should definitely check it out. It's got some beautiful, inspiring art all around.


I got particularly excited about the storyboards, as it's the field I'm interested in pursuing. 
There is - among others - awesome story work from my two favorite sequences in the movie :


the dump/incinerator scene (storyboards by James Robertson and Adrian Molina) :



and the heart-breaking final scene (storyboards by Jason Katz, head of story) :



These are definitely the kind of sequences I would have LOVED to work on.

So yeah, go get the book - it's totally worth it. 


By the way, here are some recent sketches that I did in Aix-en-Provence :



4 comments:

Rochelle Burrows said...

I need to do more landscape stuff! I'm jealous of these!

Quentin Lebegue said...

Lol, thanks. =)

It's actually quite challenging. I tend to get too bogged down in the details.

I'm in awe of Matt Jones's stuff - he seems to put down only the lines that are important, and still achieve incredible believability.

Anais P said...

C'est vrai qu'il a l'air intéressant ce bouquin ! N'hésite pas à l'apporter à Angoulême :D

Quentin Lebegue said...

C'est un des livres que je compte amener ! ;)